Pages

Wednesday 2 September 2015

THAT'S WHAT FRIENDS ARE FOR WRITTEN BY HARRIET FULU



‘Hey come lets go play.’
‘Not you!  Go  away.’
‘Oh what?  You’re not my friend anymore
just because we didn’t play with that
other person?’ ‘DON’T SIT NEXT TO HER!!!’
Man, I HATE IT when my friends keep changing their
minds about who they should play with.
IT HAPPENS TO EVERYONE

You never know when someone is really
your friend because sometimes people pretend
to be your friend and THAT’S NOT NICE!!
Being a friend is hard and making friends
is even harder.
To me,  good friends are important.  
They help you when you’re in trouble
and when you’re stuck.  
Friends can help you to learn new things and
they will always be there for you.  


Friends are suppose to be loyal,
caring and reliable.  Friends are SUPPOSE to
BE there for you when you are
ALONE  or when you are CRYING. Well,
SOMETIMES RIGHT?  Friends DON’T
give up on you.  Friends always
support you no matter what. Friends will
tell you the truth when you do something
wrong.

My teacher said that the friends you chose,
you will become. For example - If you chose friends
who steal you might end up stealing
too. If you chose friends who lie, then
you might lie too.   If you choose
friends  who are responsible and kind
then YOU  might end up responsible and kind too.


When I started in Room 9, it was really hard
for me to find friends because no one wanted
to be my friend.  When we use to sit on the mat,
nobody sat next to me. Felt like I wasn’t there.
When we had to go into groups, nobody wanted
me to be in their group and at playtime and lunchtime
no one played with me.  


I use to sit under the lunch shelter and watch people play.  I was alone and nobody
wanted me.  I tried to join people's games
but no one wanted me to be in their games and no one
wanted to talk to me.  Every day when it
was buddy reading time, no one wanted to read with me.  
So I read by myself.


One day when I was sitting by myself under the shelter,
Seine came and she talked to me.  We started to
know each other and we sat under the shelter
every day together.  Seine shared her friends with me
and then I started playing with Seine and her friends.  
I was SOOOO HAPPY because I HAD SEINE AND
HER FRIENDS.

From what happened to me, I know that people
don’t want to be by themselves.  I didn’t want to
be by myself cos it feels like no one EVER wants
to play with you.  I didn’t know that people could
do that to you.  IT’S SAD.
IT’S NOT good to be by yourself WE ALL NEED friends.

Look for friends who say sorry
when they do something that makes you sad.  
When I make my friends sad, I try to quickly  say
sorry, because I don’t want to see my friends upset.
I have three special friends - Sailalelei, Seine,
and Maaiasepi.  Why?  because they care for me.


We sometimes have arguments but we are still
friends and we forgive each other.  
Make sure YOU treat people the same;  make sure
YOU are kind and speak in a friendly way.  

SO CHOOSE YOUR FRIENDS CAREFULLY!!!
Your FRIENDS CAN CHANGE YOUR LIFE.


1 comment:

  1. Hi my name is Deminika from Wesley intermediate and I like your post it is true what friends do to you I like your post if you want to visit my blog here is the link

    ReplyDelete